Re: [Fwd: Re: Errors with building PG 7.2 on Mandrake 8.0] - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Justin Clift
Subject Re: [Fwd: Re: Errors with building PG 7.2 on Mandrake 8.0]
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi everyone,

It's compiled fine now, after XFree86-devel was added to the system.

Now it's complaining the PostgreSQL python module needs "mx" though, in
order to install.  Rats.

We're further along than before, but still no cigar.

:-/

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

Trond Eivind Glomsrød wrote:

> "Len Morgan" <len-morgan@kttk.net> writes:
>
> > > I'm trying to build the PostgreSQL 7.2 RPMs on Mandrake 8.0 (and then on
> > > 8.1, which isn't yet installed), from Lamar's source RPM.
> > >
> > > Have disabled kerberos (doesn't seem to be available for Mandrake), and
> > > changed the spec file to accept gettext 0.10.35 which comes with
> > > Mandrake 8.0 (by default, the spec file looks for gettext 0.10.36 or
> > > greater).
> > >
> > > Did a grep for "Xlib" on the config.cache, config.log, and config.status
> > > files in the failed /usr/src/RPM/BUILD/postgresql-7.2 directory, but
> > > didn't turn anything up.
> > >

> > This error seems to be related to the Tk client (pgtksh) build.  Even
> > disabling Tk when rebuilding from
> > source causes this.  I had this problem yesterday on a RedHat 7.2 (brand
> > new) installation.  This was
> > a "server" install (upgrade to be more specific) and by default, nothing
> > having to do with X is installed.
> >
> > In a somewhat related issue, I can't find my "Maximum RPM book."  How can I
> > restart the --rebuild without
> > re-untarring (<-- New Word?) the source and therefore triggering a complete
> > recompile?
>
> Try "rpm -bc --short-circuit"?
>
> --
> Trond Eivind Glomsrød
> Red Hat, Inc.

first group; there was less competition there."  - Indira Gandhi