Re: Maintaining the list of release changes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Lockhart
Subject Re: Maintaining the list of release changes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> It seems that I'm going to have a hard time convincing people to put the
> notes into the DocBook sources right away, so in order to get this
> jump-started, I'll go with the text file.

Why would putting notes into the DocBook sources be a problem? It is as
trivial as it can get, and it would eliminate one of the few remaining
disconnects between presentable final documentation and folks doing the
work.

I'm happy having this in DocBook, Peter would prefer it too, and it
doesn't hurt or bite hard so why would it be a problem for others?

I'm afraid I purged some of this thread from my mail, but are there
issues other than "I don't know which file to use" or "I don't
understand DocBook markup"? Both of those are easy to fix...
                      - Thomas