Re: Problem with character ' (single quote) in text fields - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Holger Klawitter
Subject Re: Problem with character ' (single quote) in text fields
Date
List pgsql-general
Jordi wrote:

> In my case the data is load from a file (for example a very long list of
> Names/FirstNames) so this security concert should be not applicable here
> (anyway, thanks by the remark because I have never though about it...).
>
> The best solution for me should be if I could change the "start/end of a
> Postgresql string"

As you want to load loads of rows into your database you are probably
better of using COPY, which supports custom delimiters.

With kind regards / Mit freundlichem Gruß
    Holger Klawitter
--
Holger Klawitter
holger@klawitter.de                             http://www.klawitter.de