Re: [ANNOUNCE] Commercial: New Book!! PostgreSQL book is - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Doug Royer
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Commercial: New Book!! PostgreSQL book is
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Justin Clift wrote:

> Hi Doug,
>
> I just had a similar experience.  I emailed him to request a copy of his
> book for review, and bingo, I get an invoice in the email to cough up
> cash from Billpoint as well.
>
> This is ridiculous, and is giving us a bad rep.
>
> I'll pursue this further.
>
> BTW, has anyone else suffered this probably-illegal experience with Al
> Dev?

      Billpoint, Inc.
      2145 Hamilton Avenue
      San Jose, CA 95125
      (408) 626 4910
      (FAX) (408) 626 4901

I would recommend that everyone that has problems call to complain.
Like I said in the previous email, it seems to also be E-BAY.
They DO NOT want a bad reputation.
Attachment