Platform testing (last call?) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Lockhart
Subject Platform testing (last call?)
Date
Re: Platform testing (last call?)  ("Christopher Kings-Lynne" <chriskl@familyhealth.com.au>)
List pgsql-hackers
Things have firmed up nicely for the 7.2 release. We currently have
several NetBSD platforms which have not reported success for 7.2, maybe
only because they have a relatively small user base (and aging
processors) nowadays. If anyone still has a m68k, VAX or arm running
NetBSD, let us know!

Oh, and a question about Linux/PlayStation2: if it is an x86 processor,
even without test and set support, should we list it separately? Or is
it enough like other PCs that it is too fine a distinction to make?
                    - Thomas

The problem platforms with comments and questions are:

NetBSD/arm32 Patrick Welche             Any luck finding time to do the test?
NetBSD/m68k  Bill Studenmund             Any luck finding another test platform?
NetBSD/VAX   Tom I. Helbekkmo             Any VAXen out there nowadays?
SunOS        Tatsuo Ishii             Anyone writing a memcpy for it?             Tatsuo will be retiring his machine
soon.

And those reported as successful:

AIX          Andreas Zeugswetter, Tatsuo, Tom
BeOS         Cyril Velter
BSD/OS       Bruce
FreeBSD      Chris Kings-Lynne
HPUX         Tom, Joseph Conway
IRIX         Luis Amigo
Linux/Alpha  Tom
Linux/arm    Mark Knox
Linux/MIPS   Hisao Shibuya
Linux/PlayStation2 Permaine Cheung
Linux/PPC    Tom
Linux/sparc  Doug McNaught
Linux/s390   Permaine Cheung
Linux/x86    Thomas (and many others ;)
MacOS-X      Gavin Sherry
NetBSD/Alpha Thomas Thai
NetBSD/PPC   Bill Studenmund
NetBSD/sparc Matthew Green
NetBSD/x86   Bill Studenmund
OpenBSD/sparc Brandon Palmer
OpenBSD/x86  Brandon Palmer
OpenUnix     Larry Rosenman
QNX 4        Bernd Tegge
QNX 6        Igor Kovalenko
Solaris/sparc Andrew Sullivan
Solaris/x86  Martin Renters
Tru64        Alessio Bragadini, Bernd Tegge
Windows/Cygwin Dave Page, Jason Tishler
Windows/native (clients only) Dave Page