Third call for platform testing - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Lockhart
Subject Third call for platform testing
Date
Re: Third call for platform testing  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Re: Third call for platform testing  (Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii@sra.co.jp>)
Re: Third call for platform testing  (Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk>)
List pgsql-hackers
We've got most platforms ironed out, with just a few left to get a
definitive report. It looks like we'll end up dropping a few platforms
for this release (the first time in several years that the number of
supported platforms decreased!).

The problem platforms with comments and questions are:

Linux/arm    Mark Knox             Obsolete platform? gcc no longer supported?
Linux/s390   Neale Ferguson             Likely small user base.             Anyone actively running on S390?
NetBSD/arm32 Patrick Welche
NetBSD/m68k  Bill Studenmund             Bill, you thought you might get the old iron tested.             Any luck?
NetBSD/VAX   Tom I. Helbekkmo             Any VAXen out there nowadays?
QNX          Bernd Tegge, Igor Kovalenko             Anyone tested 4.x with 7.2,             or are we stuck with QNX6
needingpatches?

SunOS        Tatsuo Ishii             Are we giving up on this one? Still relevant?
Windows/Cygwin Daniel Horak             OK in serial test, trouble with parallel test?
Showstopper??
Windows/native Magnus Hagander (clients only)             Any reports?

And those reported as successful:

AIX          Andreas Zeugswetter (Tatsuo working on 5L?)
BeOS         Cyril Velter
BSD/OS       Bruce
FreeBSD      Chris Kings-Lynne
HPUX         Tom (anyone tested 11.0 or higher?)
IRIX         Luis Amigo
Linux/Alpha  Tom
Linux/MIPS   Hisao Shibuya
Linux/PPC    Tom
Linux/sparc  Doug McNaught
Linux/x86    Thomas (and many others ;)
MacOS-X      Gavin Sherry
NetBSD/Alpha Thomas Thai
NetBSD/PPC   Bill Studenmund
NetBSD/sparc Matthew Green
NetBSD/x86   Bill Studenmund
OpenBSD/sparc Brandon Palmer
OpenBSD/x86  Brandon Palmer
SCO OpenUnix Larry Rosenman
Solaris/sparc Andrew Sullivan
Solaris/x86  Martin Renters
Tru64        Alessio Bragadini (trouble with 5.1?)