pitfalls of installing pgpool on a standby server - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Burgess, Freddie
Subject pitfalls of installing pgpool on a standby server
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Environment: PostgreSQL 9.3.3 on RHEL 6.4

We have already configured streaming replication in our environment. We hav=
e a master/primary and two standby server configuration. Our next task requ=
ires us to configure and install pgpool.

we do not have funds allocated for a dedicated VM for pgpool, what are the =
ramifications for installing pgpool on one of the standby servers in our 3 =
node configuration.

we want to leverage the installer:  installer-pg93-3.3.3.tar.gz

Will running this installer intuitively reason that replication is already =
configured and running on the three nodes and just perform the remaining re=
quired components of the setup?

thanks

Freddie