commercial usage with odbc - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mariusz Jadczak
Subject commercial usage with odbc
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

First of all, i am a postgres fan for a long time.

Now, our company is looking for a database platform for our
products. The choice of mine would be postgres, but i am not
the one who makes decisions. It's the boss, and he would like
to see some some examples of database usage from real world.
To make it clear, i have to say that possibly all of our
clients use novell based local networks and mswindows clients.

My question is, how good odbc driver is, and what is more
important, how good it behaves with Borland c++ builder 5.
I would be greatful if you have any information on advantages
and possibly disadvantages of using postgres odbc driver with
borland builder.

Also it would be great if you could send me some examples of
products/companies using postgres with odbc driver
especially with client created with borland buider.
Anyway, i am also interested in more general information,
not necessarily including borland builder.

Regards, Mariusz Jadczak
Polsoft Engineering Sp. z o.o. 40-397 Katowice, ul.Lwowska 38
tel.(32)209-80-39,209-83-87 fax.(32)209-81-16
http://www.polsoft.pl