MySQL treads belong else where. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Guy Fraser
Subject MySQL treads belong else where.
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi

I would appreciate it if the MySQL zealots with troglodytical
mentalities would confine themselves to there own mailing list.

The odd comparison is OK but the flame wars are a waste of storage.

MySQL and PostgreSQL both have loyal followers for there own reasons.
Both of these open source database engines have pros and cons. Each
database project has it's own unique set of requirements which are more
suitable to one or the other, but could probably be don in either.

Marketing a database by claiming your features are better and the
feature of the other are useless is immature.

I use both, but I look to this list for PostgreSQL questions and
answers. The bantering of MySQL zealots does not help anyone on this
list with PostgreSQL questions or answers.

Guy Fraser

PS If you don't understand any of these words use a dictionary to find
out what they mean. Don't just presume they are insults.

--
There is a fine line between genius and lunacy, fear not, walk the
line with pride. Not all things will end up as you wanted, but you