Re: replication timeout in pg_basebackup - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Aggarwal, Ajay
Subject Re: replication timeout in pg_basebackup
Date
List pgsql-general
Thats exactly what I was thinking after all other experiments. Couple of questions:
1) why did you say that 300 seconds is the upper limit? Is this enforced by Postgres? What if I want to set it to 10 minutes?
2) whats the downside of bigger replication timeout?

Thanks.

Ajay

From: pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org [pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org] on behalf of John R Pierce [pierce@hogranch.com]
Sent: Monday, March 10, 2014 9:58 PM
To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] replication timeout in pg_basebackup

On 3/9/2014 6:52 PM, Aggarwal, Ajay wrote:
Our replication timeout is default 60 seconds. If we increase the replication time to say 180 seconds, we see better results but backups still fail occasionally.

so increase it to 300 seconds, or whatever.   thats an upper limit, it needs to be big enough that you DONT get into problems when doing stuff like basebackups.