Re: Tape backup, 2 versions, same database name, which is pg_dump backing up - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Thomas F. O'Connell
Subject Re: Tape backup, 2 versions, same database name, which is pg_dump backing up
Date
List pgsql-general

On Aug 2, 2006, at 4:27 PM, MargaretGillon@chromalloy.com wrote:

You're correct, I cannot use the pg_dump. I get a error message that the pg_dump is aborting because of a version mismatch, then it says to use the i opt. How do I call the pg_dump from the 8.1.4 version?

You'll probably need to specify an absolute path. Are both the client and server applications running on the same server? If so, you might need to get your consultant to tell you where the client applications for the 8.1.4 installation were actually installed. By default, postgres installs both client and server applications into /usr/local/pgsql, but at least one of your installations must be in a different location; otherwise, you probably couldn't have two versions of the postmaster running concurrently.

--
Thomas F. O'Connell
Sitening, LLC

3004B Poston Avenue