Re: What the heck is happening here? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Souk-Aloun Samuel
Subject Re: What the heck is happening here?
Date
List pgsql-general
Paul Tomblin a écrit :

> Quoting Alex Pilosov (alex@pilosoft.com):
> > While I think its a great idea for quality of DBD::Pg (Edmund, with all
> > due respect, does not scale :), it needs to be agreed with Edmund
> > first, and CPAN releases of DBD::Pg should continue, based on snapshots
> > from postgresql canonic source. Preferably these releases should be once
> > every few month (i.e. not necessarily coincided with postgres core
> > releases).
>
> I don't see why that should be a problem.  There are a lot of perl modules
> that are installed by RedHat, for instance, that could also be grabbed
> directly from CPAN if you felt like it.  Bundle::CPAN, for one.
>
> Actually, I don't know what would happen if you upgraded a package using
> CPAN, and then upgraded the RPM.  I suspect it would work just fine.

There is a problem with man pages:
on my system, rpms packages use bziped man pages,
cpan installs uncompressed man pages (standard make install)
I've noticed that uncompressed man pages have a higher priority ,
so, if you rpm over cpan, you will still use the cpan man page.

a turnover is to use perldoc, you will use the pod file that is common
to both systems