Re: Any time estimates for 7.1.2 RPM's ? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Hannu Krosing
Subject Re: Any time estimates for 7.1.2 RPM's ?
Date
Re: Any time estimates for 7.1.2 RPM's ?  (Lamar Owen <lamar.owen@wgcr.org>)
List pgsql-hackers
Lamar Owen wrote:

> Saturday morning I will have another air-shift here, and I'm _not_ planning
> any computer surgery this time!  (argh for D-Link's DFE-530TX being
> incompatible with an ABit KT7A motherboard!  Double ARGH for the ATA-100 data
> corruption it caused -- to 180GB of data (our broadcast music library on hard
> drive)  AND another ARGH for VIA's ATA-100 bugs  AND yet another for one
> cranky Maxtor 60GB drive.....).  So I fully expect to release RPM's for 7.1.2
> by noon Saturday.

That would be great

> While the advice to pick up the Rawhide 7.1.2 source RPM is sound for a user
> of RedHat 7.x, unless you have updated to RPM 3.0.5 or greater on your 6.2
> boxen you won't be able to install the source RPM from Rawhide, since it was
> written in RPM4 format.

Thanks for this info. I had just completed a --rebuild on RH 7.1 and
planned to
do the same on 6.2, but I guess I'd rather wait a few days.

I have had bad experience upgrading rpm package a few times (the rpm
database
getting whacked and all subsequent installs claiming some packages to be
missing)
so I'd rather avoid upgrading unless I absolutely have to.

Hannu