Re: Followup to IRIX6.5 installation of PG 7.1.1 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From G. Anthony Reina
Subject Re: Followup to IRIX6.5 installation of PG 7.1.1
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

> <string.h> is included in every Postgres source file (via c.h).

Yep. That's what I expected.

SGI technical support seems to think that the problem is with the POSIX flag.

" Have you defined any POSIX variables, such as -D_POSIX_SOURCE    or included pthread.h? When you enable POSIX you
willincur a lot of    undefined smbols that are not POSIX compliant.  You can check the symbols

    in the POSIX standards. "

I can't say that I understand this at all, but I believe she is saying that
the -D_POSIX_SOURCE flag has caused some function declarations to be hidden
from the compiler (?).

In any case, since I have a working copy of 7.1.1 for IRIX, I'll leave all of
it alone for now as it has gone past my comprehension. SGI has a freeware site
with PostgreSQL 7.0.3. I'm sure that they'll figure this out when they try to
build 7.1.1 for the site.

-Tony