Re: Re: Which Front End for Postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Keith G. Murphy
Subject Re: Re: Which Front End for Postgresql
Date
List pgsql-general
Tony Grant wrote:

> Debian and Slackware have a reputation of being
> too hard to install.

I find that Debian is not very hard to install.  Actually, it seems to
me that the application packages are generally done better, as far as
default setup, etc., such that they run correctly "out of the box".  So
installation is actually easier if you consider application setup as a
part of it.

Besides, installation is a one-time thing.  Debian is extremely easy to
*maintain*, much more so than RedHat, in my experience.  And that is
more important in the long run, IMHO.

Now, if we're talking clients, rather than a server, there'd be a better
case for RH, though I'd probably not be persuaded.  ;-)

I hope I have not gotten too far off topic here, or started a useless
flamewar...