Re: Packaging 7.1.1 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Lamar Owen
Subject Re: Packaging 7.1.1
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Rachit Siamwalla wrote:
> Thanks a lot for your total and complete description of the process. (i
> should have checked out the sprm first before asking).  I empathize with
> what you said about packaging not being a simple task, i have been through
> the agony.

Empathize is appropriate if you've been there.  But, it's better than
going six months to a year for a newer RPM -- the release lag was one
ofthe two triggers that caused me to go do this -- the other was the
upgrading issue.  I won't say any more about that right now --too tired.
> About putting your stuff into the postgres tree, i believe it would be a
> "good" thing other than bad to include it in pgsq. It can be put into the
> contrib directory (because it isn't part of the "core" portable stuff). This

We'll see what transpires.

> I have a more thorough email i sent earlier, i can resend it to you if you
> want.

Hmmm.. lessee... I have Bruce's reply, which includes your message in
its entirety, I think.  But, just to be safe, resend directly to me, and
add the [HACKERS] part to the subject (so it will go to the correct mail
folder, otherwise I might miss it).  I have a list of messages in an
'RPMS for 7.1' subfolder of my mail folder 'Postgres' that I work
through for each release.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio