Re: Extrordinarily Poor Performance.... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Lamar Owen
Subject Re: Extrordinarily Poor Performance....
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Ryan Mahoney wrote:
> Any input would be helpful!  If you need additional info let me know.
> BTW, Thanks to Lamar for some great tips today!

You're more than welcome.

I forgot a basic tip, which leads to a question:
How often are you running VACUUM ANALYZE?

If this were PostgreSQL 7.0.3, we could ask Alfred about his lazy vacuum
patches, as they work as well for Red Hat 7 as they do for FreeBSD.

Personally, I look forward to the following note being placed into the
docs:
VACUUM: deprecated.  And the feature that makes that note possible.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio