Re: Benchmarking PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ned Lilly
Subject Re: Benchmarking PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
Justin Clift wrote:

> As an aside, did anyone ever step up to create a TPC-C benchmark suite for
> PostgreSQL?

Part of the Great Bridge QA process (on every beta, every community major and
minor release, and certainly any release we distribute on CD) is the running of
the TPC tests and the AS3AP, as implemented by Quest Software's Benchmark Factory
(free trial available at http://www.quest.com/benchmark_factory/).  These were
the tests we originally ran last year as part of our due diligence in evaluating
Postgres before forming the company - it's now part of our regular process.

Don't know of any other widely-available implementations besides Quest's, but
some engineers in the Alpha group at Compaq had done some work on an open source
implementation of the AS3AP ... don't have the URL handy, but you ought to be
able to find it in the archives.

Regards,
Ned

Ned Lilly                     e: ned@greatbridge.com
Vice President                w: www.greatbridge.com
Evangelism / Hacker Relations        v: 757.233.5523
Great Bridge, LLC                    f: 757.233.5555