Re: RPM building (was regression on RedHat) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Justin Clift
Subject Re: RPM building (was regression on RedHat)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
NO!

It's not "Mandrake" that will be broken.  Mandrake is also often used by
new Linux users who wouldn't have the slightest idea about setting GCC
options.  It'll be THEM that have broken installations if we take this
approach (as an aside, that means that WE will be probably also be
answering more questions about PostgreSQL being broken on Mandrake
systems).

Isn't it better that PostgreSQL works with what it's got on a system AND
ALSO that someone notifies the Mandrake people regarding the problem?

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

<snip>