Re: Red Hat bashing - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Lamar Owen
Subject Re: Red Hat bashing
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Nathan Myers wrote:
> it further.  I offer my apologies for violating it.

Well, an apology is not really necessary -- but I do get a little tired
at the treatment a good open source company gets at the hands of open
source advocates.  Yes, they make mistakes. Everyone does.
> By the way... do they call Red Hat "RedHat" at Red Hat?

No, they don't.  I don't know how I got into the habit of leaving out
the space, but the space is supposed to be there -- unless you are on
the Red Hat CD, where you will find a directory called 'RedHat'.

Oh well. Totally off topic.  If the from header had your personal
address in it (Reply-All only lets me reply to the list for that
message) I wouldn't grieve the list further with it.

My last words on that subject.  Let's go on making PostgreSQL better.
And preventing the kill -9 will make PostgreSQL better, even if it is
masking a certain amount of shortsightedness on a certain initscripts
author's part. :-)
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio