Re: terminal psql: wrong console keystrokes - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Thomas Lockhart
Subject Re: terminal psql: wrong console keystrokes
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
> It happened when I upgraded Mandrake from 7.1 to 7.2 (Linux 2.2.17-21mdksmp
> i686), postgresql 7.0.2 from Mandrake RPM.
> Where should I look at?

Get the 7.0.2 RPMs for Mandrake from ftp.postgresql.org/pub/binaries/.
The ones shipped with Mandrake were slightly broken, in that readline
was apparently not detected and used during the build. This leads to
exactly the symptoms you describe.

The Mandrake folks have already discovered and fixed this problem in
their builds, so the next ones from their distro should be OK.
                  - Thomas