Re: #DELETED error when using Access 2000 as frontend - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Emils Klotins
Subject Re: #DELETED error when using Access 2000 as frontend
Date
List pgsql-sql
> > I want to use pg 7.x as a backend for a MS Access application. I linked a
> > table via ODBC, using the newest ODBC driver. I can open and view tables. But
> > after I insert a new record, all fields will contain "#deleted". When I
> > reopen the table, the inserted data is displayed correctly.
> I recall seeing an MS Access 2000 bug that will cause this.  I don't remember
I can confirm the problem exists at least in access'97 -- applying
both of the office'97 service packs helped.

I have noticed all kinds of weird errors in Access which makes it
operate badly with Postgres and I really can't recommend it as a
frontend application, although I know there are people who use it
quite successfully.

On a side note - pls reply privately - what Win frontends (apart from
web) have people used with Postgres, which work OK for them?

Emils

Emils Klotins
IT Manager, Baltic states
Grafton Entertainment Ltd. / TVNET
40-43 Brivibas Str., Riga LV1050, Latvia
+371-7-242-001