Re: #DELETED error when using Access 2000 as frontend - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Ian Harding
Subject Re: #DELETED error when using Access 2000 as frontend
Date
List pgsql-sql
Markus Wagner wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I tried to subscribe to pgsql-interfaces several times and received "user not
> found". I also searched the pgsql-interfaces archives, without success. So
> here is my problem.
>
> I want to use pg 7.x as a backend for a MS Access application. I linked a
> table via ODBC, using the newest ODBC driver. I can open and view tables. But
> after I insert a new record, all fields will contain "#deleted". When I
> reopen the table, the inserted data is displayed correctly.
>
> How can I fix this?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Markus

I recall seeing an MS Access 2000 bug that will cause this.  I don't remember
the details, but I suspect a search of the knowledgebase at Microsoft (as soon
as their dns is fixed -  they must be upgrading to windows 2000;^) will yield
the answer.

Ian