Re: PostgreSQL HOWTO - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Michael Richards
Subject Re: PostgreSQL HOWTO
Date
Re: PostgreSQL HOWTO  ("Brett W. McCoy" <bmccoy@chapelperilous.net>)
List pgsql-sql
> from http://www.linux.org/docs/ldp/howto/PostgreSQL-HOWTO-11.html
>
>> Best web-scripting (and compiling) language is PHP+Zend
>> compiler PHP is extremely powerful as it combines the power of
>> Perl, Java, C++, Javascript into one single language and it
>> runs on all OSes - unixes and Windows NT/95.

Is everyone sure that this HOWTO is not a work of fiction sort of
like that report on the computer virus that will cause your
motherboard to catch fire and burn down your house in the middle of
the night?

As I understand Zend is a compiler/interpreter that uses a optimised
bytecode to run a little faster than the normal apache/php. It shares
few of the features of perl, even fewer of Java. C++? Last time I
checked, PHP couldn't do OOP. Next thing we know it will be as
efficient as assembler and as object oriented as SmallTalk.

-Michael
Canadians