MacOS X - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sander Tichelaar
Subject MacOS X
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I'm sorry if this is yet another instance of an ever repeating question. I
searched the archives and FAQs but couldn't find an answer.

Is a port of PostgreSQL planned for MacOS X? It is based on BSD, so it
shouldn't be that hard...

We are looking for a cross-platform database to use for our configuration
management system for VisualWorks Smalltalk. PostgreSQL is a perfect option
as it support Solaris, Linux and Windows, and a VisualWorks connection
exists. If only the Mac was supported... I know we can set up a PostgreSQL
server on an already supported machine and connect from any client, also a
Mac, and that is what we will do in the beginning. But our Mac people would
like to be able to work standalone as well.

Thanks for any answers,

Sander

--
Software Composition Group, IAM, University of Berne,
Neubrueckstrasse 10, CH-3012 Bern, Switzerland.