shutting down postmasters - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Poul L. Christiansen
Subject shutting down postmasters
Date
Re: shutting down postmasters
List pgsql-general
Hi

I'm using PostgreSQL 7.0.0 (PostgreSQL 7.0.0 on i686-pc-linux-gnu,
compiled by gcc egcs-2.91.66) on Redhat Linux 6.1.

When I start PostgreSQL, I use the command
/etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql start
and pg_ctl starts.

I use Cold Fusion on Win2k as frontend to PostgreSQL, and Cold Fusion
opens up 10 postmasters.

When I want to shutdown PostgreSQL, I use the command
/etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql stop

But only pg_ctl and one postmaster stops :-(

That means that I have to use the command "top" to see the other
postmaster processes and kill them one by one.

Isn't there an easir way to shutdown all postmasters? What if I had a
larger setup with 100 postmasters? That would take ages.....

Poul L. Christiansen