Re: Windows ODBC tables list (with 7.1 CVS) - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Joel Burton
Subject Re: Windows ODBC tables list (with 7.1 CVS)
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> I've used Windows ODBC driver to connect to database with
previous
> installation (7.0.2 - rpm version) and all was fine. Now after
> upgrading to CVS version of postgres I have a problem - ODBC
tables
> list is EMPTY! But all applications that 'knows' table name can
access
> it normally.
>
> It seems that 7.1beta incorrectly returns table list but all the rest
> is fine.

The PG catalogs have changed enough from 7.0 to 7.1 that the old
ODBC binaries don't work.

You can recompile the CVS source to a new ODBC driver. If you
don't have VisualC++, you can my compiled copy from
www.scw.org/pgaccess.

Good luck!

--
Joel Burton, Director of Information Systems -*- jburton@scw.org