Re: PostgreSQL ODBC driver: recordset not updatable - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Joel Burton
Subject Re: PostgreSQL ODBC driver: recordset not updatable
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
On 4 Dec 2000, at 15:18, Neil Davis wrote:

> ODBC drivers on Micro$oft windows, typically do not support update,
> delete or insert (db modification) through them when used against
> non-microsoft databases. Part of the price you pay for ODBC. You will
> have to write server side functions and execute them through the odbc
> connections like:

In MS Access, you can update, delete, insert, either by (a) direct
linked tables, or (b) ODBCDirect. You can't when using "Pass-
through queries".

In VB, when I simply bind a data object to a PG recordset, that's
updatable too.

You might want to look into your problem; I don't know exactly
what you've been trying w/ODBC + PG, but, in at least several
areas, I've been able to update recordsets w/o problem and w/o
parameterized queries.

http://www.scw.org/pgaccess may have some helpful info. It's
mostly Access-focused, but has general info about ODBC + PG.

Good luck!

--
Joel Burton, Director of Information Systems -*- jburton@scw.org
Support Center of Washington (www.scw.org)