Re: Annoying Reply-To - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Steve Atkins
Subject Re: Annoying Reply-To
Date
List pgsql-general
On Oct 23, 2008, at 12:01 PM, Collin Kidder wrote:

> Angel Alvarez wrote:
>> Well
>>
>> but the RFC's were in fact prior to thunderbird
>> So for he most of its life, when few people was using it,
>> Thiunderbird was a sad example of your botched attempt of creating a
>> standar of NOT FOLLOWING THE RFC's...
>>
> But, as I mentioned, nobody cares about this particular standard. In
> my opinion a standard which is totally ignored by almost everyone is
> effectively dead and worthless.

If you don't like it (and this applies to everyone else arguing about
it, on either side) please do one of these three things:

1. "Fix" it locally at your end, as is trivial to do with procmail,
amongst other approaches, and quit whining about it.

or

2. Quit whining about it.

or

3. Find somewhere else to whine about it and quit whining about it here.

Cheers,
   Steve