RE: [GENERAL] PHPBuilder article -- Postgres vs MySQL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From fabrizio.ermini@sysdat.it
Subject RE: [GENERAL] PHPBuilder article -- Postgres vs MySQL
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Still...Regardless of what database they're running, either their
> abstraction layer is shit or their queries really need optimized. Is that
> perhaps why, even at 5 clients, the page views he shows never went
> significantly above 10/sec?

I think this could be because they used real killer pages in the test,
and maybe this also the reason PgSQL fared this good (I've always
been and I'm still a postgres fan, but looking at that results I've
been quite astonished!!). Have you looked the spec? If I remember
well, Tim was talking about executing cuncurrently a page that
joined a dozen tables and another that was doing
update/select/insert on the same tables. Under these condition, 10
pages/sec it seems lighting to me!!!!

bye!

Fabrizio Ermini               Alternate E-mail:
C.so Umberto, 7               faermini@tin.it
loc. Meleto Valdarno          Mail on GSM: (keep it short!)
52020 Cavriglia (AR)          faermini@sms.tin.it