mysqldump export and pg_dump import - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alberto Otero García
Subject mysqldump export and pg_dump import
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello everybody,

    We have a MySQL database, and we're planning to migrate all to a PostgreSQL
database. We must migrate all the data to a development system, in order to
take real performance numbers. The problem is we don't know how to convert the
files generated by mysqldump in order to import them with pg_dump (and have
therefore the same tables and data).

    Does anybody done this before?
    Is there any script to automate the process?

    Please, send the answer with a CC to my personal address
(alberto@cometatech.com) since I'm not already subscribed to the mailing list.

Alberto Otero García              e-mail: alberto@cometatech.com
Cometa Technologies, S.L.         URL: http://www.cometatech.com