Re: Installation problems was Re: is this list live? - Mailing list pgsql-php

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Installation problems was Re: is this list live?
Date
List pgsql-php
Vince,

> Oh, Ok.  Are they known for installing the entire OS or do they leave
> out the development stuff?  I remember reading not too long ago that
> someone isn't putting the development stuff on by default but I don't
> recall who.

On the 420 (the model I'm using) they leave out a lot of the development
stuff.  It's sold as a workstation.  However, I've been installing the
stuff myself.

I used the RPMs off PostgreSQL.org to install.  I believe that the first
time (this machine had a disk partitioning problem and I had to
re-install everything) I built from source as the RPM's weren't
available, but I'm not really sure.

BTW, Jeff MacDonald at PG-SQL Inc. is working on this (I have a support
contract) but he isn't making much headway so any help is appreciated.

-Josh Berkus

                                        Josh Berkus
   Complete information technology      josh@agliodbs.com
   for law firms, small businesses       fax  436-0137
    and non-profit organizations.       pager 338-4078
                                San Francisco