Re: is this list live? - Mailing list pgsql-php

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: is this list live?
Date
List pgsql-php
Folks,

> I'm guessing it's more like PHP and PostgreSQL just work so flawlessly
> together that noone has anything to say.

Actually, I've been having problems installing the PHP-Postgres
interface on a VA Box running Postgres 7.0.2.  I just thought that
nobody was on the list.  SO, let me throw this out there:

1. Postgres was installed from RPM, and PHP4 was built from source
(because RPMs were not available at the time).  The webserver we are
running is Xitami

2. When we tried to build the postgres interface from source, the make
crashes after about 5 minutes, saying that it can't find certain
libraries that are present and in the directory we supplied in the make
command line.

3. When we try to install from RPM, PHP-Postgres wants a library called
pgsql.so.  THis library, as far as I can tell, does not exist in any of
the Postgres sources.

Any thoughts?

                    -Josh Berkus

                                        Josh Berkus
   Complete information technology      josh@agliodbs.com
   for law firms, small businesses       fax  436-0137
    and non-profit organizations.       pager 338-4078
                                San Francisco