Re: Small patch to replace 'idle' by 'trans' if transaction is still open - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Christof Petig
Subject Re: Small patch to replace 'idle' by 'trans' if transaction is still open
Date
Re: Small patch to replace 'idle' by 'trans' if transaction is still open
List pgsql-patches
Tom Lane wrote:

> > I can't decide if this is of general use.  My inclination is that
> > someone in a transaction sitting a prompt should still show as idle.
>
> The idea seemed good to me, although I didn't look at the code to see
> if the implementation was any good ;-).  I know we've frequently had
> questions on the lists where it was interesting to know if any
> transactions were being held open --- and right now there's no easy
> way to tell.
>
>                         regards, tom lane

I would even propose 'idle (transaction open)' if you agree. (Seemed too
long for me)
The patch is _trivial_ a string changed to a condifional operator and two
strings (two times). A two liner.

   Christof