more or less spontaneous reboots with Suse 6.4 / Postgresql 7.0.2 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Nils Zonneveld
Subject more or less spontaneous reboots with Suse 6.4 / Postgresql 7.0.2
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi all,

I use Suse Linux 6.4 (kernel 2.2.14) and when I'm executing SQL
statements in batch to postgresql (like: psql db < schema.sql) I have a
fair chance that Linux reboots. No entries about the mishap are logged
in the postgres logfile and neither in /var/log/messages. There's no
telling when it exactly happens but when one of the statements contains
an error the chance is really high that the system reboots.

I have no idea if Postgres is to blame or the linux kernel. I have to
admit that I'm still using the generic kernel, but I think it is a bit
silly that a user process like postmaster could bring the whole server down.

If anyone has had a simulair experience and found a solution I would
like to know about it.

Thanks in advance,

Nils Zonneveld
--
"Misschien is niets geheel waar, en zelfs dat niet"
Multatuli (Eduard Douwes Dekker) - Idee 1