Re: windows ODBC driver for PG7.02 - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Vic
Subject Re: windows ODBC driver for PG7.02
Date
List pgsql-novice
igor пишет:

> Hi!
>
>   Tell me please, is windows ODBC driver sutable for
> connecting to PG 7.02? I have downloaded the last availible
> release, but in "Advanced options" I can see only
> selection of protocol 6.5-6.4.

I  work   with  PG 7.0  and  drv  v06-40-0005 without  big  problems -
client on Delphi  and  Visual Foxpro.

> Connecting with this driver I'm unable to access to database
> with "Password authentication failed for user..." error.
>
>  I'm running postmaster with -i option, and also I can
> access to database with the help of psql.
>
>  What is wrong??
>
>  Thanks for any ideas!!
>
>  Igor.

See file  "/usr/local/pgsql/data/pg_hba.conf"
All rules for  access  from remote hosts a in  this!
And   Login  as postgress  and  after createuser  run  this
"pg_passwd $PGDATA/passwd" - its create  password  for your  users!
Simple Howto intall/use M$ - Postgres ODBC
http://t37.nevod.perm.su/linux/documents/postgresql/windows.html
Read Doc!
If  your  Delphi or CBuidlder Programmer  -
I strongly recomendate Zeos Database Objects- it dont use  BDE or ODBC -

and its  work nicely( but  have  some   ).
htttp://www.zeos.dn.ua