Re: Spanish translation of docs - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Thomas Lockhart
Subject Re: Spanish translation of docs
Date
List pgsql-docs
 This is the Postfix program at host golem.jpl.nasa.gov.

below could not be delivered to one or more destinations.

For further assistance, please contact <postmaster@golem.jpl.nasa.gov>

delete your own text from the message returned below.

            The Postfix program

<pg-docs@hub.org>: host mail.hub.org[216.126.84.1] said: 550 5.1.1
    <pg-docs@hub.org>... User unknown

> > Hello Thomas have brought up to date the site web, putting already the
> 74.5
> <<<<<<<95%
> > to should all the documentation
> >         Tutorial-----------------------> 99%<<<<<<<<<100%
> >         User´s Guide  -------------> 80%<<<<<<<<<<<<81%
> >         Administrator´s Guide  -------> 95%<<<<<<<<<100%
> >         Programmer´s Guide  --------> 50%<<<<<<<<<<54%
> >         FAQ -------------------------> 70%<<<<<<<<<100%
> > I have downloaded the doc of the v 7.02
> > and I create that they have changed many files (date) .
> > is this documentacion v7.0 stable already?

Yes, though if you are thinking of updating you might want to update to
the v7.1 docs, which will become stable in a couple of months.

> > Your you know that ficheros of the v 6.5 are not going to change?
> > Your you have a diff of docfile-6.5.sgml with docfile-7.0.sgml(or a
> > bitacora)?

There will be no more changes to v6.5. I don't have a diff of 6.5 vs 7.0
docs, but I could send you one. CVS will make one for us if we ask
nicely ;)

> > I ask you that me reports of the changes (stable) constantly to
> > have the documentation in Spaniard it but brought up to date possible.

Sorry, I'm not certain I understand. If you are asking me to let you
know when there are changes in the docs, I can try to do that. Perhaps
an easier thing to do would be to get the current CVS tree using CVSup,
which will tell you when doc sources are changed.

> >  It is possible to create a ../spanish in the ftp. postgresql. org?

Yes, certainly. And we will have a cross-reference to your group's site
also, though that is currently broken. Vince our webmaster is working on
it now.

Regards.

                           - Thomas