Re: [GENERAL] convert from access - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Joel Burton
Subject Re: [GENERAL] convert from access
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
> I have to remake PHP script (which full of Access SQL implementation)
> for PostgreSQL. I have a some of strings like this:
>
> SELECT memmod.item, memmod.oempartno, memmod.sdescr
> FROM memmod WHERE (InStr(1, [item], '".$edtPartNo."'));";

There are programs to help you move Access *tables* to pgsql, but
I don't know of anything that would help you move VBA functions to
Access.

A chart of the 'usual' conversion (ie InStr, Left$, etc.) VBA <->
pgsql SQL would be a simple project for someone to start. (Any
takers?)

In the PostgreSQL + Access faq (www.scw.org/pgaccess), there
are tips about many Access->PostgreSQL conversion issues,
including how to rewrite some queries to support things like outer
joins, transform queries, etc.; but nothing about VBA functions. If
you come across such a resource, could you email me (or this list,
or better still, the INTERFACES list), so it can be added to the FAQ?
--
Joel Burton, Director of Information Systems -*- jburton@scw.org
Support Center of Washington (www.scw.org)