Re: PG 7.0.2 Install - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Lamar Owen
Subject Re: PG 7.0.2 Install
Date
List pgsql-general
Trond Eivind Glomsrød wrote:

> Nils Zonneveld <nils@casema.net> writes:
>
> > > While running the *correct* rpm (SRPM: postgresql-7_0_2-1_src.rpm), it keeps
> > > failing.  It appears to be trying to implement the python interface, but the
> > > required config directory with the make file is missing off the
> > > file system.
>
> You probably need python-devel. I've fixed that (added as a
> build-prereq), and I believe Lamar will sync.

Yes.  Once I get some other version-specific stuff squared away (that
you know about).

> Right now, you can't. It's possible to make things like building
> without certain libraries, but it isn't done for the postgresql RPM.
> Lamar, if you want to look at that, take a look at the pine RPM which
> does this for LDAP and Kerberos.

Interesting thought... I'll look at that, to make it easier for folk to
rebuild from the source RPM without things installed.

--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio