Re: odbc blob - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: odbc blob
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Mr. Thorhauer wrote:

> > Have you tried using DAO instead?  I've had all kinds of funky problems
> > with ADO and ODBC, to the point where I've decided to keep using DAO 3.5
> > until the MDAC team can get their act together.
> >

> Thanks for the advice.  It is much appreciated.  I am writing an
> application mostly in java using jdbc but I need to make sure that this
> one part is accessible via odbc as well.  So I am not very familiar with
> odbc/visual basic but I can stumble through it.
>
> Anyways,  have you used DAO succesfully with large objects (blobs) in
> postgres?  If so, can you send any quick code examples my way?

Unfortunately, no.  So far, I've only used Postgres for Intranet apps.
                -Josh

--
______AGLIO DATABASE SOLUTIONS___________________________                                       Josh Berkus  Complete
informationtechnology      josh@agliodbs.com   and data management solutions       (415) 436-9166  for law firms, small