Re: Now PostgreSQL recovers from errors within trns - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From hstenger@adinet.com.uy
Subject Re: Now PostgreSQL recovers from errors within trns
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Don Baccus wrote:
> Well, Postgresql's behavior isn't SQL92 compliant, but neither is the
> behavior you want.  I far prefer the current non-standard behavior.
> Eventually,
> of course, PG should conform to SQL92.

This change is not a must. Is very optional. Since I solved a problem, I'happy.
I don't know much about the standards, but agree with you just in case.

> GeneXus should be catching the error and issuing a rollback if that's
> the behavior it expects.

Yup, but GeneXus is closed source, and PostgreSQL is open source. I'm trying to
convince GeneXus' ARTech (www.genexus.com.uy) about the importance of supporting
PostgreSQL. From the PostgreSQL point of view, if this has place someday,
PostgreSQL will gain a lot of corporate users, and a whole new consulting field
will be available. Do you understand my point?

--
----------------------+------------------------Haroldo Stenger      | hstenger@ieee.orgMontevideo, Uruguay. |
hstenger@adinet.com.uy