Re: Notice of List Changes ... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alessio Bragadini
Subject Re: Notice of List Changes ...
Date
List pgsql-general
Steve Heaven wrote:

> >This list is pretty much dead, having been supersceded
> >by pgsql-general (comp.databases.postgresql.general) as
> >well as several others (.admin, .sql, .novice) ...
> >
> Is this a newly created newsgroup? Our newsfeed doesnt include it

Yes and no. There are some private and not distribute newsgroups
(gatewayed with the lists) which unfortunately have been placed under
comp.databases.* without being official big8 (i.e. Usenet) groups
approved by a vote. To my experience as a hierarchy maintainer this is
blatantly wrong and can only lead to serious misunderstandings. Would be
better to use a pgsql.* hierarchy.

--
Alessio F. Bragadini        alessio@albourne.com
APL Financial Services        http://www.sevenseas.org/~alessio

"It is more complicated than you think"
        -- The Eighth Networking Truth from RFC 1925