Re: Installing the man pages - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From G. Anthony Reina
Subject Re: Installing the man pages
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

> IIRC the makefile for the docs expects you to have done a configure over
> in the src directory, and it's looking there for an override on the
> default install dir.  Go back and run configure (needn't build) with the
> right --prefix.

I figured out what happened.

I ran 'configure --with-prefix=/database/local/pgsql' rather than
'configure --prefix=/database/local/pgsql'.
The configure script didn't balk at '--with-prefix' so the error never
entered my mind until your e-mail said '--prefix'.

Now the man pages are back on my system.

Thanks Tom.
-Tony