Installing the man pages - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From G. Anthony Reina
Subject Installing the man pages
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I posted this to pg_admin yesterday, but I'm not sure if anyone is
reading that list.

I have Postgres 7.0.2 installed on my RedHat Linux 6.0 system, but
realized today that I hadn't built any of the manual pages or
documentation during that installation. I  downloaded 7.0.2 again, did a

configure, and then followed the instruction to do 'gmake install' in
the src/postgresql-7.0.2/doc directory (in my case, the
/database/src/postgresql-7.0.2/doc directory).

The install script keeps wanting to put the man pages into
/usr/local/pgsql/src; however, on my system I have Postgres installed in

/database/local/pgsql (i.e. Postgres is not installed in the default
/usr/local/pgsql directory)

Is there someway that I can specify this directory for the man pages
(e.g. is there some option I can set for the 'gmake install' to
tell it that Postgres is installed in a different directory than the
default) ?

Thanks.
-Tony