Re: sqlzoo.net Problems with the PostgreSQL Interactive Tutorial - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Richard Broersma
Subject Re: sqlzoo.net Problems with the PostgreSQL Interactive Tutorial
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 8:25 PM, Robert Treat
<xzilla@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> On Tuesday 12 August 2008 11:59:05 Richard Broersma wrote:
>> It would be unfortunate if newbies would discount PostgreSQL for one
>> of the other RDBMS due to their in-ability to learn SQL using the
>> PostgreSQL backend.

> Has anyone followed up on this? If not I can drop him a line.

Robert,

It looks like you were sucessful in fixing this problem.  All of the
PostgreSQL commands that I've tried work.  In fact the results using
the PG back-end seem to be quickest out the of all of the servers that
I've tried.

I even tried issuing the the non-turtorial command: Select Version();
And it worked like a charm.
version
PostgreSQL 8.1.8 on x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc (GCC)
4.1.1 20070105 (Red Hat 4.1.1-51)
Regards,
Richard Broersma Jr.

http://pugs.postgresql.org/lapug