Re: psql dumps core - Mailing list pgsql-general

From K. Ari Krupnikov
Subject Re: psql dumps core
Date
List pgsql-general
Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Tom Lane writes:
>
> > It's possible that 7.0.* psql has some since-repaired bug when trying
> > to \c to a nonexistent database name --- Peter, do you recall anything
> > like that?
>
> (I think we would have found obvious bugs in trying to connect to a
> non-existent database pretty soon. I do that more than connecting to
> existent databases. :)

This happens when I connect to an *existing* (rather newly created)
database!
A script connects to template1; drops a database; creates it; connects
to it; the ther thing crashes.

--
K. Ari Krupnikov

DBDOM - bridging XML and relational databases
http://www.iter.co.il