Re: Problem with a rule on upgrade to v7.1.1 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Problem with a rule on upgrade to v7.1.1
Date
Re: Problem with a rule on upgrade to v7.1.1  (Jon Lapham <lapham@extracta.com.br>)
List pgsql-hackers
Jon Lapham <lapham@extracta.com.br> writes:
>> Uh, have you VACUUM ANALYZEd yet?  Those EXPLAIN numbers look
>> suspiciously like default statistics ...

> Nope, forgot to on the little demonstration tables I made.  I tacked the
> post-VACUUM ANALYZE explain results (they look much better) at the end of
> this email.

Ah.  The plans for the little demo tables are uninteresting anyway,
but the plans for the real tables are interesting.

Next question: do you still have your 7.0.* DB up?  Can you get an
EXPLAIN that shows how it did it (on the real tables)?