Re: [HACKERS] 6.4.3 release - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] 6.4.3 release
Date
Re: [HACKERS] 6.4.3 release
List pgsql-hackers
The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
> I would like to roll out a v6.4.3 the day we make v6.5 beta, myself ...
> since only bug fixes were supposed to go into the v6.4.3 source tree, and
> everyone would obviously have followed that simple rule to the letter,
> there shouldn't be any more bugs in v6.4.3 then v6.4.2...right? :)

Of course, the fact that the REL6_4 tree has been broken more than once
says that we've been sloppy :-(.

I'd suggest trying to get 6.4.3 out the door a week or so before 6.5
goes beta --- that way, if anything is badly broken, we have time to
deal with a 6.4.4 before the 6.5 beta cycle starts consuming all the
attention.

What is the current plan for 6.5 beta anyway?  Last I heard was
1 Feb, which we definitely have not met...