Re: [GENERAL] RE: Where is the Database log file ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Lamar Owen
Subject Re: [GENERAL] RE: Where is the Database log file ?
Date
List pgsql-general
Ed Bras wrote:
> The only thing I have in /etc/rc.d/init.d/postgres is (the starting of the
> postmaster:
>
>   su -l postgres -c '/usr/bin/postmaster -i -S -D/var/lib/pgsql'
>
> and nothing about some logging commands (neither does server.log excits) !!

RedHat RPM, by chance?

Drop the '-S' and redirect appropriately.  This will be fixed in a
future RPM release, with log rotating etc.

And a note to anyone posting about problems with PostgreSQL -- if it is
an RPM issue, cc: me on it and specify that the RPM distribution is at
fault. I'll try to get to it as soon as I can.

--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio