how to make postgresql+odbc+staroffice work? II - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Eldad Midan
Subject how to make postgresql+odbc+staroffice work? II
Date
List pgsql-general
Staroffice 5.1a does not support ODBC out of the box, and I installed
PostgreSQL with ODBC driver, but I have not found anything in the docs
about ODBC.

I tried another avenue, by downloading, compiling and installing
unixODBC-1.8.1 from www.genix.net, were ODBC is central to the entire
program, and StarOffice is briefly discussed, but I did not have any
success following the instructions; they are too brief.

So, MY QUESTIONS ARE:
* how do you make postgresql use ODBC?
* how do you compel StarOffice to use the ODBC drivers
* how do you make StarOffice act as a front-end to PostgreSQL
* same questions when using the unixODBC package
* when I use the GUI to set up unixODBC, I get various error messages
telling me that the drivers I registered are not valid or that the info
in odbc.ini or odbcinst.ini doesn't make sense. Since the
administrator's guide to the package is not yet written, can anyone send
me a short set of instructions on creating an odbc database using the
unixODBC for the ODBC including drivers (I compiled the PostgreSQL
drivers) and with PostgreSQL as the server?

Please email me with your suggestions

Thank you